Monday, December 16, 2013

12/16/2013 Notes from Nubi - Christmas Trivia #14

Our sentimental singer is “dreaming of a White Christmas, with every Christmas card I write.”   Now where did the original singer live that they had to dream of a white Christmas?  The introduction, which does not appear on most versions of the song we hear, explains that:
The sun is shining; the grass is green
The orange and palm trees sway.
I’ve never seen such a day
In Beverly Hills, L. A.
But it’s December the 24th
And I am longing to be up North.
The snow we had over the weekend made everything much more festive (as long as you didn’t have to shovel it).  Soon it will be "Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved."

Do you know what movie/book that quote comes from?

Well, I’m ready to take a nap now and dream of what Santa will be bringing me.  See ya later.

- Anubis

No comments: