Friday, May 17, 2013

Notes from Nubi - WE'RE #6 IN THE NATION!!!!!!!!!!


Give the sparkling water a vigorous shake before opening!  Toss the confetti high into the air!  Release the helium filled balloons!

You didn't hear much about this - I understand the kids are very modest about their achievements - but the North Judson-San Pierre Academic Decathlon Team placed 6th out of 14 teams nationwide!  Back in February I told you that this great team of kids took first place in the Small School State Championships, and I've been waiting to hear how they did in the nationals.  Then on May 6th I saw a teeny, tiny article about how they took 6th place but nothing since then.

So I'm going to stick my nose in their business - and it is a very nice long nose - to let this year's NJ-SP Academic Decathlon Team know  just how proud I am of them.  Thank you Samantha Amrine, Jonathan Hileman, Jacob Kieszkowski, Rhiannon Millard, Robert Miller, Steven Miller, Cheyenne Minix, Anna Mullens, and Nicholas Sierzputowski for the time and effort you put in to bring this honor to the Town of North Judson.

From your adoring fan, Anubis.

No comments: