Saturday, February 9, 2013

Notes From Nubi - National Toothache Day?


Whew, was I busy today; but it made me happy because there were 7 - S*E*V*E*N - children here today for READ Jr.!  Most of them had a good time, a few were a bit scared of me - which I don't understand because I'm REALLY a nice dog and I love kids (especially with ketchup and mustard -  just kidding).  If you ask mom....well, maybe you should talk to some of the other kids instead.  Yes, when I was younger and got excited there was a tendency to jump up so I could give kisses.  But we worked on that and now I know that jumping is not an acceptable behavior (even though I still jump on Mom).  Oh well, I'll work hard and be on my very best behavior when they come again to help overcome their fear of me.

Remember I told you last time that today was National Bagels & Lox Day, National Toothache Day, & Read in the Bathtub Day?  I really campaigned for mom to use yummy bagels and lox for the theme this week.  Who wants a toothache or to take a bath when they can have lovely food?  But mom found some books about tooth fairies so she read those instead.  (Did you know that in France children leave their teeth for le petite souris, the little mouse?)  After the stories everyone decorated their own tooth pouch so they have a special place to keep their teeth for the tooth fairy's visit.

Since I got my adult teeth I've only lost one tooth.  My vet said that I have good teeth for my age, mom said that's because I only get wet food on Sunday, the rest of the week it's just dry food and dog biscuits .  I guess that crunchy stuff keeps the gunk from building up on my teeth, but I REALLY look forward to Sunday dinner.

And do you know what Thursday is?  That's right, it's National Ferris Wheel Day and National Organ Donor Day!  So be sure to give your heart to someone who sends you round and round and wish them a Happy Valentine's Day!  (I gave out early Valentines to the kids at READ Jr. because I won't see them for two whole weeks!)

Better get off the computer now, some of those keys are uncomfortable when they get stuck between your toe pads.

No comments: