Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Notes From Nubi - Don't You Just Love The Sun?


While mom has been pretty durn busy the past three weeks, she still had time to cut the grass last Saturday.  Boy, did that make me happy because that stuff was almost up to my tummy in the back yard!

But you know the best thing about the weather being good enough to mow?  It means the sun is out!  When that sun heats up the cement slab in the backyard it is the best thing in the world.  Since my ancestors come from Africa (I'm part Basenji in case you didn't know) I just love basking in the sun.  Matter of fact, this morning mom couldn't get me to come inside when she was ready to go to work, the cement was just too comfortable.

And since mom isn't working this weekend she hopes to trim back some of the bushes around the house and take out some saplings.  That means, if the sun shines, we'll spend some together time out in the backyard - mom cutting away and me sun bathing on the cement.    Mom wants to get the trimming done because the town of North Judson will be picking up brush on May 13th and if she gets it done this week she'll have time to get it into the alley.

So wish us a bright, sunny day on Saturday and good luck trimming back those bushes.


No comments: