Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Notes from Nubi: Hoosier Hysteria 1992 Sectional



I've been hearing people talk about Hoosier Hysteria and March Madness.  What I can't understand is why people only get hysterical and mad at this time of year about chasing a ball up and down a floor. 

Hey, I do it 12 months out of the year so I know how much fun it is to chase a ball, or run around with a stuffed toy, or even an empty soda bottle (mom won't let me drink the stuff but lets me have the bottles until I start to tear them apart.)  What a rush, your heart beats faster, the blood rushes through your body, you start huffing and puffing when you breathe!  It's GREAT, especially when I occasionally run over the cat.

Anyway, back to the hysteria and madness.  Mom was looking through The Market, checking out what's coming up over the next few weeks, and saw that they reprinted an article about the North Judson Sectional that appeared in the March 9, 1992 edition of the San Diego Union-Tribune. It's interesting reading, partially because North Judson was playing Knox for the championship.  

If you're not fortunate enough to get a copy of The Market delivered to you home, you can always read the March Madness PDF file down below, the quality isn't the best, but mom tried her darndest.   After you read the article, maybe you can explain to me why people wait until March to get all excited about chasing a ball.



No comments: