Thursday, August 20, 2015

North Judson Police Department

I decided to follow up this week’s write up about the North Judson Volunteer Fire Department with one about the North Judson Police Department.  But search as I might there was nothing to be found.  Not in the Standard History of Starke County, Indiana, nor in McCormick’s Guide to Starke County, not even in the North Judson Centennial booklet (although there was a photo of the 1966 police department in the booklet which I have posted). 

My theory, lawmen would have existed in some capacity since the earliest days of the town and the County Sheriff would have been available if needed.  A fire department, on the other hand, had to be established.  And the fire department had to purchase specialized equipment – like the pumper – to fight fires. 


But if you have any information about the organization of the North Judson Police Department please let me know.  I’ll pass it along to the rest of the community.  


No comments: