Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Notes from Nubi: Introducing Miss Kelsie...

I’d like to take a brief moment to introduce the newest member of the North Judson-Wayne Township Library staff – Mrs. Kelsie Purcell. Now I haven’t met Miss Kelsie yet because I’ve been taking my retirement seriously and staying home, but mom is thrilled because Miss Kelsie is really into kids.

Starting with this year’s Summer Reading program, Miss Kelsie has taken over all of the NJWTPL children’s programming. And does she have some great plans for them for the coming year – a stuffed animal overnight; a scavenger hunt for 1st to 5th grades; a Parent’s Day Out; a combined Tot Time/Story Hour in December. Whew, it totally exhausts me; but I’m 77 in human years and Miss Kelsie is much, much younger.

I’ll have to talk mom into bringing me to the library one of these Saturdays so I can meet Miss Kelsie. Heck, maybe I’ll even volunteer if she ever needs an old dog to help with a program. After all, I do have a little experience in that area.

Love to you all,

Anubis

No comments: