Friday, January 31, 2014

Notes from Nubi - 1/31/2014 Punxsutawney Phil Better Get It Right!

I am soooo ready for winter to be over!  It was okay at first, I do like a little snow, but it's these sub-zero temperatures that are getting to me.

The first snow we had was enjoyable; had a great time running around the backyard playing.  And I still enjoyed it until that nasty wind started blowing.  You humans are lucky because you wear boots, gloves and warm coats (not that I would let mom put any of those on me).  When it got really cold I nearly froze my feet off!  Mom told me not to go further than the edge of the garage, but a few times I insisted on going all the way around the yard.  Once it was so cold that I froze in my tracks, pun intended, and mom almost had to come out to pick me up and carry me back to the house.  But I'm a brave girl, I made it back into the house on my own and then cuddled up with my cold feet up against mom.  She also wrapped me in a blanket to help me warm up.

Today mom changed the library's profile photo on Facebook to a cookie groundhog pudding cup. She said that if Punxsutawney Phil gets it wrong we get to eat him! Sounds good to me!

Until warmer weather gets here, keep thinking SPRING!

 - Anubis


Here's the fake Punxsutawney Phil, doesn't he look delicious?

No comments: