Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Notes from Nubi - Happy New Holidays


It's been some time since I last got my paws on the computer.  Mom was busy using it for end-of-the-year statistics (like how many times we had a READ program, how many of my friends attended each time, how many books were checked out, etc.), processing new books, learning to use some new equipment, and bunches of other stuff that need to be done at the beginning of each year.

Things like that make me glad I'm a dog!  I only have to eat, sleep, annoy the cat, pester Mom to let me out, pester Mom to let me back in, protect the house from wind/squirrels/the dog across the street/the neighborhood cats, and most importantly, whine at the bathroom door when Mom's in there.  But I've been trying to help with the READ Jr. program too.  When Mom's not looking I check to see what unknown holidays take place near our scheduled meetings.

Not that I don't like the usual holidays, but someone has to sniff out the unusual.  Did you know that January 30th is National Escape Day?  And you all know what February 2nd is - Heavenly Hash Day!  Our next READ JR. is February 9th - National Bagels & Lox Day/National Toothache Day/National Read in the Bathtub Day.  Not too sure I like the sound of that last one, why would anyone WANT to take a bath?  Especially after you've rolled around in some good smelling stuff you found in the backyard!

Well, my paws are getting a bit tired, it's hard to type without fingers.  But if you want to find out about more silly holidays check out The Ultimate Holiday Site, you might just find a new favorite holiday.

No comments: