Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8/208/2013 Notes from Nubi: Mom Went to the 4-H Dog Show in Indy And I Stayed Home!

Can you believe it!?!  Mom went to the 4-H Dog Show in Indianapolis over the weekend and she didn't take me!

My suspicions were aroused when she started to avoid looking at me when I snuggled next to her on the couch.  Then she started to put clothes into her flowered duffel bag.  I know what THAT means, mom does that when she goes to visit family in North Carolina AND I DON'T GET TO GO!!!!!!!!

Finally came the big talk.  Only dogs that were being exhibited at the dog show were allowed on the fairgrounds, I was retired so I couldn't go.  Even if mom did take me I'd have to stay crated in the hotel room, which wouldn't be fair to me or to the rest of the people staying at the hotel.  So off mom went to watch the 19 members of the Starke County K-9 Kadets compete down state.  Sigh, extremely HEAVY sigh.

Usually mom asks Aunt Jane Ellen if I can stay at her house when mom goes to North Carolina; this time I stayed home with Aunt Kathi and Daisy.  Aunt Kathi made me sleep in my crate at night, not on mom's bed.  You can't believe how happy I was when mom got home on Sunday night!

Of course, I didn't let her know just how happy I was.  I played it cool.  Have to admit, one of the first things she did was to give me some Greenies that she bought for me at the dog show.  They were good!  And she took a vacation day on Monday so we got to spend the day together.  I even helped her mow the lawn.

So I guess I won't be too mad at her.  After all, the State 4-H Dog Show only comes once a year.

No comments: